shrimp & feta linguine
Try this quick pasta dish on a busy night, made with Caprini Creamery's delicious feta cheese
Shrimp & Feta Linguine
shrimp & caprini creamery feta with whole wheat linguine
1 pound large shrimp, tails on, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup fennel root, sliced thinly
1/2 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and strained
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium shallots, finely diced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Caprini Creamery feta cheese crumbles
Chopped parsley, lemon zest and extra olive oil for garnish
1 pound whole wheat linguine
6 quarts water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1. Cook dried pasta in a 6-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente — about 8-10 minutes. ALWAYS set a timer, 8-10 minutes flies by and before you know it, pasta can be overcooked. Once ready, drain in a colander, toss in a little olive oil and set aside. For fresh pasta, cook for 2-3 minutes instead of 8-10, then drain and toss in olive oil to keep pasta from drying and becoming gummy. Set aside.
2. Sauté fennel, mushrooms, garlic and shallots in olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat, until garlic and shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in zest, salt, spinach and black pepper.
3. Turn heat up to medium high and add shrimp. Sear quickly on both sides, until shrimp are bright pink and opaque, then add lemon juice and reduce back down to medium.
4. Raise heat to medium high, and add your white wine. Cook down until most of the liquid has evaporated. Toss in cherry tomatoes and 1/2 of the feta cheese.
6. Remove pan from heat and toss with parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Place nests of pasta on plates and top with a generous amount of sautéed shrimp mixture.