YUM . . . BACON!
This weekend pizza sounded good and I had already made a pizza crust a head of time. Now I just needed to figure out toppings. Luckily I had ordered bacon from Englekings Country Beef Shop & was able to pull it out of my freezer. As I was laying it out on the pans to bake, it made me think how good the bacon looked. I used to buy my bacon from the grocery store or the big box stores & most of the time there is more fat than meat on the bacon. Look how much meat is on this bacon! The comparison is crazy. I just wish I had some of the other store bacon to show you. This is why I continue to buy bacon from our market. The quality is clearly there.
I have started baking my bacon. It's faster & and less of a mess on my kitchen counters if I'm frying it. I like my bacon crispy & it was delicious on pizza!
Shallow baking sheet
Foil heavy-duty preferable
1. Line the baking sheet with foil. (You will want to use a baking sheet that has enough of a rim that it contains the bacon drippings.)
2. If using a metal cooling rack, spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray, and place the rack inside the baking sheet.
3. Place the bacon slices in a single layer either directly on the foil or on a rack Make sure not to overlap slices.
4. Turn the oven on and set to 400 degrees. Do not wait for the oven to preheat. Go ahead and place the pan in the oven.
5. Cook the bacon for 12-17 minutes. Cooking time depends on the thickness of your bacon, and how long it takes for you oven to come to temperature. Start checking your bacon around 10 minutes to ensure your bacon doesn’t burn. (Nothing worse than burnt bacon!)
6. When the bacon is golden brown, the bacon is done.
7. Once the bacon has reached your desired level of crispiness, remove immediately and place on paper towels to soak up the bacon grease.
8. Eat and enjoy!
Found on Pinterest at Mom on Timeout
Bacon, Pepperoni, & Onion Pizza
1lb Bacon-Engleking Country Beef Shop
1 Medium Size Sweet Onion
3 C Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Bake bacon in oven. Once bacon is cooked, dab with a paper towel to get excess grease.
3. Spread Marinara onto pizza crust
4. Slice sweet onion & spread onto crust
5. Cut bacon into little strips & put the crust
6. Spread mozzarella cheese over the crust
7. Put the pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
8. Sprinkle oregano on top of cheese.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
10. Cut & enjoy! The bacon adds such a nice flavor to the pizza or any other dish you're adding.