Do you have a lot of TOMATOES??
We have A LOT OF TOMATOES right now and needed to find a creative way to use them. I was craving pizza and came up with this recipe from Pinterest. It was technically for flatbread but made it into a pizza since I had just made pizza crust.
I didn't have any fresh basil on hand, so I just used dried.
We over did it on the balsamic which then made the crust a little soggy. SO, if you put a little less balsamic on it, you will be good! Hope you like it!!
Caprese Pizza with Balsamic Reduction
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 16 oz. frozen pizza dough regular or whole wheat
2 large Jersey Fresh Tomatoes
16 oz. fresh mozzarella sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic crushed
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until vinegar is reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
3. Roll pizza dough out into a rectangle approximately 13 inches long by 6 inches wide. Dough should be thin.
4. Place dough on a lined baking sheet.
5. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and crushed garlic. Spread over dough.
6. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
7. While flatbread is baking, slice tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and set aside.
8. Also chop your basil.
9. When bread is finished baking, remove from oven and alternately layer tomatoes and mozzarella.
10. Top with fresh chopped basil, salt and pepper.
11. Place flatbread back in the oven and cook another 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
12. Remove flatbread from oven and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
13. Cut into triangles and serve hot or cold.
Found on the Pinterest at The Farm Girl Gabs