Labor Day Dips for your Festivities
Happy Labor Day to you!! It's hard to believe the summer is pretty much over and we are heading into Fall.
We have a pool party we are going to today and I needed to come up with a dip or two to take. I had some corn on the cob that I needed to use so this dip was perfect and it runs with my theme of Mexican Corn on the Cob I've done a few times this year. Peanut Butter Fruit Dip is the other dip I have used a few times and it is a hit with the parents and with the kids. It's a healthy dip and something you don't feel guilty nibbling on throughout the day. Enjoy!!
Mexican Street Corn Dip
Prep Time: 6 mins
Cook Time: 4 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
4 cups corn kernels (about 10 ears)
2 TBS mayonnaise
2 TBS sour cream
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 lime, juiced
1 jalapeno, minced
1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
2-4 TBS cilantro, diced
1. Heat corn in a large skillet over medium heat, until warm throughout. Add to a bowl.
2. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, minced garlic, salt, and lime juice. Stir together till smooth.
3. Add minced jalapeno, cotija cheese, cilantro and creamy sauce to the top of the corn.
4. Mix everything together to combine.
5. Serve with chips.
*Found on Pinterest on Like Mother Like Daughter
**The sweet corn & the jalapeño's were from HHM.
Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
2 (5.3 oz.) containers Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or 1 slightly heaping cup)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 Tbsp. honey , or to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend until smooth. Serve with fruit (recommended bananas, apples, raspberries or strawberries). Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
2. Adapted from: Family Fresh Meals
*Found on Pinterest at Cooking Classy
**The Vanilla Greek Yogurt was from HHM