My kids came home for school and wanted something sweet and to be completely honest, I did too! Luckily I had pinned this recipe to my Pinterest page a few weeks ago. These taste good and take care of the sweet tooth. My kids and husband liked them too.
The eggs & honey came from HHM.
Healthy Chunky Monkey Muffins
Cook Time: 25 min
3 medium – banana
2 medium – egg
1 container (8 oz) – Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup – almond milk, unsweetened
1/2 cup – honey
1 tsp – vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup – flour, whole wheat
1/2 cup – cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 1/2 teaspoon – baking soda
1/2 teaspoon – salt
1/2 cup – chocolate chips, dark
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, add bananas and mash well. Add eggs, Greek Yogurt, milk, honey, and vanilla. Stir well.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips to the wet mixture; stir just until combined. Avoid over mixing.
5. Fill muffin tins evenly (should make 12 muffins) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Found on Pinterest at Super Healthy Kids
Nutrition per serving % daily value
Calories: 212 11%
Fat: 5 g 8%
Carb: 41 g 14%
Fiber: 4 g 16%
Protein: 5 g 10%
Sugar: 21 g