This recipe was an absolute hit! It was easy to make and my family loved it. My kids are already asking for me to make it again! It has such good flavor from the fresh herbs. This weather is perfect soup weather. What are some of your favorite soups during the winter?
I used miniature carrots instead of the larger ones. Also, for the onions, carrots and celery, I used my Vidalia Chop Wizard to chop up my veggies. This makes them all the same size so they will cook more evenly. The chicken stock came from boiling my chicken breasts for the recipe.
From HHM: Fresh Herbs Poultry Mix (it has all the fresh herbs you need . . . Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme), chicken breasts and garlic.
All the fresh herbs came from our newest producer, Healthy Roots. We will have a newsletter on them Friday so stay tuned to learn more about them!
Fresh Herb Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Small white onion, peeled and diced
2 Medium carrots, peeled and diced
2 Stalks celery, diced
4 Cloves garlic, minced
8 Cups chicken stock
1 Sprig fresh rosemary
1 Small bunch fresh thyme
1 Small bunch fresh sage
6 oz Wide egg noodles
2 Cups shredded, cooked chicken
1 Teaspoon dried parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
**Optional ½ teaspoon oregano
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
2. Add carrots and celery. Sauté another 4 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add garlic half way through.
3. Add chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, sage, dried parsley (and oregano if you choose). Bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to medium low and stir in egg noodles. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
5. Turn off heat and let soup sit for 5 minutes on burner. Remove fresh herbs and enjoy.
Recipe from Healthy Roots