So have you heard of a Pinterest fail? Usually it seems like it has to do with crafts or something along those lines. Well this was a Pinterest fail recipe and I know what I did wrong. The recipe said to use a mandoline slicer, but I didn't have one. I thought I would be able to cut the beets thin enough without it. Well, I couldn't. The beets were too think and didn't shrivel
like the recipe said it would. There were a couple that did, and they did taste good so I think it is a good recipe IF you slice the beets thin enough. Also, since they were too thick, they were in the oven for well over two hours and then seemed to burn a little. Well, as they say, you learn more from mistakes and I won't make this mistake again. : ) I plan to order more beets, buy a mandoline slicer and try this again. Try this recipe and let me know if you like it. I love feed back!! If you have a recipe you'd like to share, that would be great too!!! Happy Tuesday!
7 oz beets (about 1 or 2 whole beets)
Nonstick olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick olive oil spray.
2. Using a mandoline slicer, cut beets into 1/8-inch thick rounds.
3. Lay beet rounds on the baking sheet, evenly spaced. Cover with a 2-second spray of the olive oil spray.
4. Bake until beet rounds are shriveled and dry to the touch, about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Let cool completely and enjoy.
Recipe came from Hungry Grils Day-Off Diet from Pinterest