This recipe tasted good and it felt like a light meal. The chicken was moist and I attribute that to spooning the sauce over the chicken periodically while it was cooking. This is a dish we will make again!!
The Ranch Carrots are a family favorite of ours. They are easy to make and best of all, they taste really good! Usually I buy the baby carrots from the grocery but this time, Garcia's Gardens had 2lb of carrots at HHM so it was perfect! At the moment, Garcia's Gardens don't have carrots listed. We are hoping they will post some soon!
From HHM: Chicken, carrots, feta, tomatoes, and lettuce. The carrots and tomatoes aren't available this week at HHM.
Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey (we used RJ Honey from HHM)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (we used Garlic Boss from HHM)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
optional: fresh rosemary and lemon slices for garnish
Picture: before the chicken went in the oven.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or large casserole dish.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side just until browned. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
4. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes (closer to 20 for smaller chicken breasts, closer to 30 for larger) until chicken is cooked through. Every 5-10 minutes spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
5. Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon slices if desired and serve.
Recipe found on Crème de la Crumb on Pinterest
1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots, patted dry
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
For the ranch seasoning mix
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
2. To make the Ranch seasoning mix, combine parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, dill and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Place carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil and Ranch seasoning mix. Gently toss to combine.
4. Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until tender. Stir in butter until melted, about 1 minute.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Recipe found on Damn Delicious on Pinterest